Stosh

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Queer Eye for the Cubs Guy


Posted by Hello
Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a big "team apparel" guy. I do own three Cubs hats (one for games, one for softball and one to wear whenever) and roughly the same number of t-shirts. (My Sosa Lumber Company shirt is falling apart, an apt metaphor.) But I wouldn't be buried in the above monstrosity even if I had an entire Cubs-related wardrobe. I honestly hope I see someone wearing this at Wrigley this year, as I look forward to hearing the abuse rained down upon him. Interested parties looking to waste $370 can purchase the jacket here.

Though I suppose the ensemble might work for, say, an 80-year-old, longtime diehard fan. You could then say he should know better, but that can be countered with the fact that he's a Cubs fan, so he's obviously devoid of a certain wisdom. And, to be sure, ugly as it is, it beats face painting.

2 Comments:

  • I love the jacket (I'd want the Twins version, of course), but wouldn't spend $370 on it. Someone who knew his/her way around a sewing machine could duplicate it for far less.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:39 AM  

  • Yeah, but why would they want to?

    By Blogger MH, at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home