Stosh

Friday, February 17, 2006

American Superdream Wow, A Positive Review

My friend Jerry over at Fort Recovery introduced me to GBV "back in the day" but ended up kind of souring on the band. Personally, I think the tension-filled ending to the GBVerde lineup (featuring his friend John Petkovic) -- scroll down to 1997 in that article -- had something to do with it, but only he can say for sure. (Note about that article: The final GBVerde show was in Columbus, not Newport, Ky. I know because I was there, as was Jerry.) Anyway, it warmed my heart a little to see that Jer had written a fairly glowing review of Bob Pollard's recent show in Columbus.

I especially enjoyed the note about seeing Tommy Keene at the old 9:30 Club in D.C. I don't think we ever went to a TK show together, but we must've been at the same show(s) before we knew each other. We went to a number of other gigs there, that's for sure, and that club was my favorite place in D.C. without question. Ah, youth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home