Stosh

Friday, February 10, 2006

Shuffling About

I've mentioned before (and it's not worth linking to) that my iPod shuffle kind of annoys me in that it doesn't usually give me enough variety, artist-wise. Now, it doesn't help that my iPod only has about 2,600 songs on it -- mostly because I dislike the uploading-CDs process -- and the number of bands is somewhat slanted toward major faves like GBV, Tommy Keene, Superdrag, etc., but I still wish it wouldn't spit out the same band back to back (and every once in a while, three times in a row).

However, the shufflemaster occasionally does plenty to amuse me. To wit:

My friend JT made me a mix recently, and in the middle of it is a snippet of Dubya's infamous "Fool me once...you can't get fooled again" comment. So that plays yesterday and what follows it? "You Can't Kill Stupid" by the late, great Thomas Jefferson Slave Apartments. Insert appropriate comment here.

Then this morning, I'm listening to a live version of "Boxing About" from Bob Pollard's upcoming Normal Happiness. This was from the D.C. show I attended in January, with D.C.-area legend Tommy Keene playing in Bob's band. What follows? A live version of "Teenage FBI" from GBV's Electrifying Conclusion tour (from the Fillmore in San Fran) featuring -- you got it -- guest vocals from one Tommy Keene. Freaky, eh?

1 Comments:

  • I used the shuffle function on an airplane once. The iPod's first two choices, out of 3,400 songs, were "Eight Miles High" by the Byrds and "The Big Country" by Talking Heads (the latter of which, as you probably know, is narrated by someone looking out the window of an airplane).

    By Blogger Elbo, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home