Stosh

Thursday, February 02, 2006

All That Pazz

The Village Voice 2005 Pazz and Jop Poll is up. As usual, my ballot contained at least one album that only I deemed worthy (this year, it was two). I think that says more about how few records I hear in comparison to the other critics than my lack of taste (or theirs), but I still have a difficult time thinking that out of 795 writers, only I thought enough of the John Davis and Longwave records to vote for them. Surely I missed out on a lot of records, but the fact that no one else tabbed these tells me they missed out.

To compare my previous ballots dating back to 2000:

I've gotten enough jokey-but-truthful comments from my friends (I think I need new ones) about how awful I look in the Pollard/Keene photo that I have to post this other one to prove that my admittedly deteriorating appearance isn't helped by flash photography at 1 a.m. after drinking about 12 beers. And that, yes, I still have some hair. Of course, holding a baby this damn cute doesn't really help my cause, does it?

2 Comments:

  • That baby shirt is must-have. Do you know a source where it can be procured?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 PM  

  • We got it here:
    http://www.psychobabyonline.com

    Don't see it online, though.

    I did a search and found it here:
    http://tinyurl.com/8y9to

    Thanks for the torrent tip. I'll check it out. Supposed to be getting that show soon if not.

    By Blogger MH, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home