Stosh

Thursday, December 08, 2005

It's Also Annoying

The phrase "it is what it is" has replaced "ratchet up" as the latest grammar-related annoyance du jour. Not a day goes by -- particularly when reading about sports online or listening to sports radio -- when I don't see/hear someone use it. Hell, 30 seconds after I complained (again) to my wife about it, the phrase was uttered by some loser on the Martha Stewart version of The Apprentice. (Yes, I could be considered a loser for watching; I understand and appreciate the irony.) If anyone has the power to do so, please make this stop. Thanks.

I'm going to a taping tonight of an NPR show called Wait Wait -- Don't Tell Me. I'm told (get it?) that what it is (get it again?) is funny. We'll see. Panelists tonight include Mo Rocca and P.J. O'Rourke, with special guest Harold Ramis. Sounds promising.

I'm also going to see the Bulls play the Lakers Friday night. Scottie Pippen's jersey retirement is part of the festivities, with MJ scheduled to be in the house. If I bring a camera, I'll share the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home