Stosh

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Slap and Tickle

I'd like to be one of the people saying, "It could happen in any ballpark." And maybe it does (though I've not heard of a player's wife ever being physically abused anywhere else). But the incident between a Sox fan and Craig Biggio's better half is yet another black eye for those fans to the south. There are, naturally, idiots all over the country at games -- I'm friends with some of them -- but I'd say hitting a woman in the head kind of goes over the line. At a time when Sox fans should be reveling solely in how their team is doing, this goober single-handedly resurrects the ghost of William Ligue. Nice job.

The subject of fandom, including the need for some people to get drunk at sporting events as if their lives depend on it, is a fascinating one, indeed. Which means I won't be exploring it here.

I must say, however, that while Biggio (Mr., not Mrs.) is a player whom I'd like to see bitch-slapped -- he's right up there with Oswalt for me -- he earned some points today by saying the late, great Walter Payton was one of his idols.

Completely off the subject, my reader(s) will now have to use word verification to comment on ye olde blog. When the spam comments outnumber the real ones, measures must be taken. (I received two spam comments on this post before I could even switch to word verification after it was initially published. The bastards work quickly.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home