Stosh

Monday, June 20, 2005

Bang a Gong

I have absolutely no idea why I thought of this, but they say the mind works in mysterious ways. I'm at the computer, contemplating the work in front of me, and all of a sudden Gene Gene the Dancing Machine pops into my head. It's a pleasant childhood memory, as I was a huge Gong Show fan. I even had a "Gong Show Reject" t-shirt. High fashion, indeed. Anyway, enjoy the clip.

On a related note, here's a rental recommendation: Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Even though it was directed by George Clooney, I found this pseudo-bio of Gong Show creator-host Chuck Barris to be one of the most entertaining movies I saw in 2002.

1 Comments:

  • Oh, man. I absolutely loved the Gong Show, including the dancing machine. The unknown comic always killed me, too. And that movie was pretty spectacular.....

    By Blogger Jeff, at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home