Stosh

Friday, March 24, 2006

Pop Tarts

A little late with this, but the Minus 5 put on a fun show to about a 3/4-full Abbey Pub Wednesday night (probably bad for the band, but it was good to be able to move around). The set started out kind of slow but picked up steam and ended seemingly too soon. They played about 70 minutes, which seemed too short to me. However, "Ghost Tarts of Stockholm" is my favorite M5 tune, and they kicked ass on that one, so all is forgiven.

I talked to Scott McCaughey very briefly afterward; I was happy he remembered me, and he was as gracious as I expected.

Best line of the night: After one song ended (forget which one), Scott goes, "Finally, a song that allowed me to show off my lead-guitar chops."

(pause)

"An article in Portland said that I had chops."

(pause)

"Never has an article been so wrong."

He's way too modest.

p.s. Fuck Gonzaga.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home