Stosh

Monday, March 20, 2006

Color Them Unimpressed

So last night, I had a dream where the Replacements got back together (rumor has it that this is not out of the realm, by the way), with Tommy Keene taking the Bob Stinson slot. (This is not part of the rumor, FYI.)

I was assigned to interview the reformed band for Magnet, and guess what? My tape recorder didn't work. In addition, Paul Westerberg didn't remember our earlier interview, furthering my humiliation. I ended up driving all over the place, trying to catch up with each member to talk to them separately. Dream analysis, anyone? (Seems pretty easy.)

Reminds me of that classic dream where it turns out you graduated from college without turning in a term paper and have to go back and write it. Or am I the only one who's had that one? That dream finally stopped for me about five years ago.

5 Comments:

  • Your dream is one I've been waiting for, for about ohh I guess 14 years now. :-)

    You got to interview Westerberg, huh? (I read that interview, btw). Cool. The closest I got to him was getting his autograph after a Replacements show in 1991.

    As a side note, the piece on Tommy K in the new Magnet was quite good, I thought.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 PM  

  • Well, if it makes you feel any better, the interview was over the phone, so I've never met Westy, either.

    Had a chance in 1986 at the Newport in Columbus, but I was way too nervous and shy. Stupid.

    I personally thought the TK piece in Magnet rehashed too much old stuff (namely stuff I wrote about in the same pages 8 years ago), but I liked the interview overall.

    By Blogger MH, at 9:06 AM  

  • I'm a huge mats fan and the last thing I ever want to see is for them to get back together - I don't want them to ruin their legacy by releasing some shitty album and they are too old (and sober) to make the live shows worth a damn.

    If the mats came back and were a success, then they would be a failure.

    I dunno. Some people get it, some don't.

    By Blogger EasyW, at 5:43 AM  

  • I definitely agree with you, Easy. There's something sad about them reuniting. However, I'd have to buy the record/see them live just to see what it was like. I loved them too much to not be curious.

    By Blogger MH, at 4:36 PM  

  • Oh, and when I saw Westerberg last year, he wasn't sober anymore. Talk about sad.

    By Blogger MH, at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home