Stosh

Monday, May 08, 2006

Unsatisfying

If a blog is shitty, does a bear fall in the woods?

Here's some actual content: The new Replacements song via The Jim Rome Show. Westerberg was supposed to call in and, in predictable fashion, blew it off. Tommy Stinson, however, did his part. I haven't listened to any of this stuff, including the song, but here it is for your enjoyment (I assume the links are good):

Intro and Tommy, Part 1

"Message to the Boys"

Tommy, Part 2

Pitchfork reviews the song here.

P.S. about Rome...I swear I saw him in the audience of America's Funniest Home Videos last night. Or maybe it was a dream/nightmare. And yes, I watch that show. I've already admitted to being a philistine.

UPDATE: One listen to "Message," and I find it pleasant but non-essential. Just because it's called a Mats song doesn't make it that much more impressive. Good tune, won't be spinning it all that often, I'm afraid.

2 Comments:

  • Very "Merry Go Round". Weak bridge.

    By Blogger Elbo, at 11:43 PM  

  • eh - its a good song, but nothing earth-shattering.

    I liked the 'Mono' stuff much better.

    By Blogger EasyW, at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home