Stosh

Monday, April 10, 2006

It Continues

Cubs' outfielder Jacque Jones, after last night's HR (from the Chicago Tribune):

"I was getting booed [Saturday] when I was the worst player in the league," he said. "Now I'm the best. I just go out and play hard."

On Saturday, after his third strikeout in three at-bats, the boos came. On his next at-bat, a walk, the crowd cheered him derisively.

"It is what it is," he said. "If I'm going to [go hitless], I'd rather do it now. We've been winning and that's all I care about."

Always nice to sweep the Cardinals, too. Praise Michael Barrett!

Postscript to Friday's home opener: The rain stopped well before heading to the park, but it was brutally cold. We made it through "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" before splitting for some warmer environs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home