Stosh

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

California Screamin'

I've never been much of a Local H fan, which is tantamount to treason here in Chicago. I saw them once while living in Louisville, and I found them way too metallic and screamy for my taste. But I'm coming around, at least a little bit. My friend Cal makes a yearly best-of CD, and the last two have had Local H tunes: "President Forever" from 2003 and 2004's "California Songs." I've been blasting the latter lately; it's extremely catchy, if a tad sludgy musically, but it's the chorus that just cracks me up:

And here we go again
It's never gonna end
We're all so sick of California songs
Yeah we know you love L.A.
There's nothing' left to say
Please no more California songs
And fuck New York, too

Absolutely love that last aside. Anyway, those two songs, plus past classics like "All the Kids are Right" and "Eddie Vedder," assure that if Local H ever puts out a greatest-hits LP, I'm so there.

And being as clever as I am (cough), I came up with the headline to this post before reading this story about San Francisco legislators hurling insults at one another, but it sure is a perfect fit. (The item was found, along with other interesting stuff, at Fort Miley.) Classic. Lawmakers here are just corrupt; I wish they were this belligerent.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home