Stosh

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Break a Leg (or Fake It)

I don't condone what this guy did, and I certainly would never stoop to such depths, but you've got to admit he's got some brass ones (and a point in the last sentence):

Winner's girlfriend thought he was a real loser

Chicago Tribune wires
December 8, 2004

When Joe Vitelli of Westborough, Mass., faked a broken leg so he could get out of attending his girlfriend's sorority formal, he only wanted to watch Game 7 of the 2003 Yankees-Red Sox American League Championship Series. He never thought the scheme would help him win a contest. Tuesday, Vitelli was named the winner of Microsoft's "How Low Did You Go to Catch the Big Game?" contest, earning him a trip to Hawaii. Vitelli said after six weeks of wearing a fake cast, getting around in a wheelchair and attending fake doctor's appointments, he was eventually caught in the act of walking. "One of her friends spotted me walking to my car, and she dumped me soon after," Vitelli said in his story. "Girlfriends come and go, but you only get one chance to see Aaron Boone hit a home run to send the Yankees to the Series."

And speaking of baseball, Red Sox, Chicago, etc., color me extremely happy that Nomar is coming back to the Cubs. (As well as Todd Walker.) Lots of talk about other options, but when healthy, Nomar is a superstar. Welcome back.

1 Comments:

  • Man, I miss Nomar. But I'd rather have the trophy!

    By Blogger Jeff, at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home